Service Records & Awards

Lost Medals and Awards

Information on how to obtain lost medals is available by logging on to the National Archives Replace Veterans’ Medals, Awards, and Decorations  website or contact the Veterans Services office.

Service Records

If you are a veteran and you are looking to request your personnel records, please visit the federal government’s military personnel records website at the National Archives – Veterans’ Service Records.
If you are currently a member of an active duty, reserve, or National Guard unit, write a letter with the following information:

  • Full Name
  • Rank
  • Address to which records are to be mailed
Send the letter, with your signature, to the addresses listed below.

Service Branches:

Army | Navy | Air Force | Marine Corps | Coast Guard


Active Duty Officers

U.S. Army Human Resources Command
200 Stovall Street
Alexandria, VA 22332-0444
Telephone: 703-325-4620

Active Duty Enlisted Officers

U.S. Army Human Resources Command
1 Reserve Way
St. Louis, MO 63132-5200
Telephone: 314-592-0556

Reserve Officer and Reserved Enlisted Personnel

U.S. Army Human Resources command

1 Reserve Way
St. Louis MO 63132-5200
Telephone: 314-592-0556

National Guard Personnel (Officer and Enlisted)

National Guard Bureau
11 South George Mason
Arlington, VA 2204-1382
Telephone: 703-607-9789

Marine Corps

Active Duty and Reserve Marine Corps Members

Commandant of the Marine Corps HQ
2008 Eliot Road
Quantico, VA 22134-5030
Telephone: 800-268-3710

Air Force

Active Duty Officers and Enlisted Personnel

550 C Street W. #21
Randolph AFB, TX 78150-4723


Active Duty and Reserves – Officers and Enlisted Personnel

Navy Personnel Command
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington TN 38055-3120

Coast Guard

Current Active Duty or Reserve

Commander CGPC-Adm-3
U.S. Coast Guard
2100 2nd Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20593-0001